Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Quote of the day...
Jake: "Why are MaKenna and Kyler wearing RED?"
Me: "Because it's Valentines day."
Jake: "Don't they know that Valentine's Day isn't about Red and Hearts and stuff like that?"
Me thinking to myself - how sweet, Jake understands that its about showing others you care.
Jake: "It's about CANDY!"


My early birds got up at 6AM - right on schedule. I had put a small scavenger hunt together last night. They had a blast trying to solve the clues and find their treats. Here are the clues and prizes.


Location: Living Room wall
Clue #1: My Loves:
Our Morning has just begun,
Now its time for some fun. 
So go to the place that reflects your face.
Location: Bathroom mirror
Prize: Bag with hat and gloves
Clue #2: Work together and don't get apart...
I've given you a little head start.
You may be cute - but you must find your loot.
Take this bag and locate a boot.
Location: Entry Way
Prize: M&M Hearts
Clue #3: Sometimes its fun to just relax and play...
in some tiny bubbles all the day.
Location: Jacuzzi tub
Prize:  Bubble bath and toy
Clue #4: If you search high and low,
you never know how things will flow.
Find something of value where the discs go.
Location: Front room - DVD player 
Prize:  Free Red Box rental
Clue #5: Now its time to turn up the heat...
Your search is not yet complete.
Go claim your prize -
where the temperatures rise.
Location: Oven
Prize: Cinnamon Rolls
Clue #6: I know you've gotten thirsty from this hunt...
If you find your way to me I will help you out of that rut.
Location: Fridge
Prize: Choc milk
Clue# 7: Wet or Dry, Hot or Cold
We get used so you can fold.
Go find me for a little something cozy.
Location: Laundry Room
Prize: Fuzzy blankets
Clue #8: Stiff is my Spine and my body is pale...
but I'm always up for telling a tale.
Location: Boy's Room - Book Shelf
Prize: Notebook and pen
Clue #9: The fun is over and its time to eat...
Go find those cinnamon treats.
Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I wish you were my mom. :)

Hope you've had a great valentine's day.

me/mom/NANA said...

That was so cool. When we move back there can I play too?

Joleane said...

AwEsOmE!!! You are sooooo clever! My kids didn't even get a "Happy Valentine's Day, Sweethearts" from me.
We just didn't do anything this year.