Well, Steve and the kids made their 3rd trip to Oregon to bring "stuff" to Colorado in preparation for Nana and Papa's big move. The road trip out generally goes pretty smooth and the make good time. They leave about 5am and get to Klamath around 11pm. I pack them all kinds of snacks, drinks, lunchables, activity bags, movies... everything to keep them entertained and fed. (I stay home so I can take care of the dogs, cats, chickens, goats, chicks, cows - the farm!)
The trips home however is when the adventure and action happens. Trip number 1 - kids are sick and throwing up. Trip number 2 - lost a dresser in the 1st two hours of the trip. Trip 3 - where do I start?
Let's just start with a phone call I received Sunday evening (7-8pm maybe) saying the trailer has a flat tire in Morgan, Utah. After a couple minutes of being speechless and not really knowing what to do or where to start, I turned to my friend Google and found a tow company that had a driver in Morgan and could bring Steve some air. The goal was to get him to Evanston (still several hours away) where he could get a new tire. Let me just say how crazy it is that truck stops don't carry tires or have repair shops. Walmart is open 24/7, but not the tire shop. Skipping lots of details... they have to stay in Evanston Sunday.
Monday morning brings new light to the situation and Steve calls to say he probably needs at least 3 new tires. Well, Memorial Day didn't help our search for tires. I called Walmart and hoped that the guy who helped the night before was just really clueless and that maybe a real "tire guy" could help. I was in luck - they did have the tires Steve needed and the trailer rims weren't reversible or whatever the guy said they were the night before. Walmart was able to help (after working around their policies) and they were on the road by 9:30am.
End of the story - everyone made it home and were excited to be out of the truck.
We unloaded the trailer Tuesday night since we were expecting rain on Wednesday. What in the world are we going to do with all these boxes?
![]() |
| BEFORE |
![]() |
| AFTER |
![]() |
| Dinner Break |







3 comments:
What can I say except, I am so sorry!
Oh, wow! I've seen how much work Mom & Dad are putting into the move on their end. It's good to see it (so we can appreciate you all even more) on your end too. You and your entire family have been so supportive and helpful to Mom & Dad, enabling them to serve a mission.
Thanks for all you do!
All I can say is that you and Steve (and your kiddos too) are super awesome! Probably the most generous and amazing people we know.
Post a Comment