Sunday, May 26, 2013

ABC DEF GHI

Well the last post was the middle of April, we had just gotten Gloria and it was snowing the beginning of each week.  Six weeks have passed and a lot has happened. Where do I start? The bees, the chicks, track, school projects, piano recital, the list goes on...

A - April
April showers bring May flowers for most folks, for us it brings mud.
B - Bees
Every farmer who is allergic to bees (Steve) or scared of bees (Jake) should have some anyways. Steve's manager and another guy at work have bees and when guys get talking... we ended up with 2 hives.  We've just started and it takes a long time to get any honey, but I can't wait for all the fruit we get.  We had some fruit trees from last year and planted at least a dozen more.  How many do you need for an "orchard"?
C - Chicks
Spring time on the farm (and at the farm stores) means babies.  I had to stop at the farm store one Saturday afternoon and had the kids with me.  You can see where this is going... We have 5 new baby chicks.  Why 5 you ask.  Well, I told each of the kids they could pick 1.  MaKenna and Kyler each picked the same kind which meant they were siblings. Jake picked a different kind.  His chick would have been lonely if he didn't get another one - that gave us 4, but also left just 1 at the store.  We can't have a lonely chick, so we had to get it too.

D - Dad
Steve's Birthday was the beginning of May.  The kids made him Choc Chip muffins for breakfast and used his Dukes of Hazzard tray to bring it to him in bed.
E - Eaton
May 5th we got up early and went to Eaton, a small town east of us.  The were going to implode the old Sugar Factory.  I thought it might be pretty cool to go watch it.  It didn't exactly turn out like we (or the City for that matter) was expecting, but none the less, it was fun. (The water tower, smoke stack, and some of the center of the building tumbled).  The town webpage has a good video that you can watch.  It took them all day and several tries to get it down.
Before
After
F - Four H & Fair
For 4-H this year, MaKenna is in cake decorating.  She has to make 3 cakes before the fair.  She has to keep records of how much she spent, what kind she made, what she learned, etc.  This was the 1st one she did.  O, and it has to be decorated with candy, or other edible items.  The boys couldn't be left out, so they also decorated a cake.
MaKenna's Cake - Girl Power
The Boy's Cake
G - Graduations
This time of year mean graduations - high school, middle school, kindergarten, etc.  We had 1 high school graduation invite and 1 middle school invite.  These are the gifts I put together (I love pinterest!)
Perfect for after an all night study session
How to survive high school
H - Had enough yet?
I - I have...



2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Love this! Can't wait to come see the new chicks!

Joleane said...

Wow, you're going to have another full-time job on your hands, being a farmer or farmer's wife, I guess.

I can't believe you have bees?!?

Very creative post! So entertaining to read!