MaKenna played Volleyball this Fall with the Rec Center. It was her first time doing a rec center sport. She did very well and had a lot of fun. The team was small and lost every game but 1 ( I think). She learned a lot about teamwork, sportsmanship and patience. Specifically, MaKenna learned is very competitive and has no patience for other girls who don't have the same level of enthusiasm and "go get'em" attitude. She couldn't understand why a couple girls would just stand there and not get the ball. I'm not sure she is cut out for Rec sports.
Here are some pics.
Serving
Serving
... it's over!
Speaking of competitive...
Yes that is Jake playing on MaKenna's team and she is LESS than happy about it. There were not enough girls on her team at the last game (and the other team wouldn't let them borrow any), so we were grabbing anyone we could from the spectators. Jake did very well actually. It just didn't sit well with MaKenna.
3 comments:
Reminds me of another blond girl I know, who played volleyball. :)
Way to go, girl!
Dan and I loved the last picture. :) Great job MaKenna (and Jake too)!
Oh there is no doubt she is your daughter and I love that last picture too. It really says it all. Good job MaKenna.
Post a Comment