Monday, July 1, 2013

12 - already?

 I can't believe Jake is 12.  I'm not sure where the time went. He is turning into a fine young man and I'm so proud of him.  He's a great example to our family.
Since Jake's birthday was on Saturday, he got to plan the day, dinner, and dessert. I wasn't surprised when he decided he wanted to spend the day at the lake.

We  were finally able to take the boat out (thanks Daddy).  The kids had a blast jumping off and swimming around.

  Mom and Dad brought an old yellow rubber raft from Grandpa's.  We tied a rope to it and then around the tree. The kids played in it for hours!

It reminded me of this time... Joleane and I rowing Grandpa around.

For dinner, we had smoked ribs, baked potatoes, and French bread.  Followed by ice cream cake for dessert.

Then it was present time - A fishing pole with a camera!

2 comments:

Joleane said...

I totally remember that yellow boat. That was taken somewhere near Powers, wasn't it? I didn't know we had a picture of it. That's great!
I'm glad Jake had a great birthday! I love the Jolly Roger on the boat. :)

me/mom/NANA said...

It really was a great day. Thanks for sharing it was us.