I think I set myself up for failure this year. Last year I did a scavenger hunt for Valentine's day. MaKenna kept asking me what I was planning and knew that it had to be awesome because it was last year... Unfortunately I just couldn't get it together. I had hoped to celebrate Mardi Gras on Tuesday - but that didn't happen either. (poor kids) I did get them valentines treats though.
Why 4? We had Sasha staying with us Wednesday night because Dave and Dee were leaving early Thursday morning for a much needed Mexico getaway. (They are raising 3 teenage girls - if that isn't enough, they have already raised 5 kids of their own.) Dave and Dee are our neighbors and super great people and our "goto" family in Colorado.
I got up extra early to make breakfast - Choc covered strawberries, banana muffins, and choc chip muffins.
I tried to keep the Class Valentines simple this year. MaKenna and Kyler did the same thing and it went pretty quick. We used what we had - I bought a lot of Valentine pencils last year (after VDay).
We printed out 4 different sayings on card stock. Punched holes on both ends and slipped it on to the pencil. Kyler did it all by himself and was quite proud. MaKenna conned her brothers into doing most of hers and was quite proud as well.
What do they say?
1. You've got the WRITE stuff!
2. Valentine - You're all WRITE!
3. You are the WRITE friend for me!
4. You are just WRITE for me!
I made it through the holiday rush, back to back wrestling duals (Wed and Thurs), shopping for the big weekend trip, packing and loading for the big weekend trip, and sending everyone off. I'm exhausted (and lonely). Today and tomorrow I will clean carpets, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, EVERYTHING! (I'm secretly hoping to get a trip to ARC in today too.)
May as well blog...
5 years ago





1 comment:
I love your holidays. I can't wait to be part of them!
Post a Comment