Sunday, January 20, 2013

Early Bird Invite...

Saturday Jan 19th, Severance Middle School (Jake's Middle School) hosted the 1st wrestling tournament of the middle school season.  Severance had never done one with 9 schools - guess they didn't anticipate the number of kids attending...

Jake and I headed to the school at 6:15AM.  He needed to be there early to weigh in and I needed to help setup and get things going.  I didn't realize that we would be there all day!  The tournament wrapped up a little after 10PM.  Once all the matches were done and everyone left we started cleaning up and moving mats. I was thankful we only had a 5 minute drive home. 

Jake did an excellent job in his first ever Middle School Wrestling tournament. His matches went like this: 
1. Pin, 2. Pin, 3. Lost, 4. Pin, 5. Lost 

Here are some pics and a video if i can figure out how to get it to work.









We'll be busy for the next couple months as this season he will have 6 tournaments and 8 duals.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Great job Jake! Dan says, "Way to tear 'em up Cormack."