Wednesday, July 22, 2009

June 2009

Well, since I'm logged in I might as well take a few minutes and post June happenings.

We went camping in the Colorado Sand Dunes.
We had never been there before. We generally camp up the mountain by the dunes. The kids had a blast. I think Steve was some what impressed too. Yes, they aren't the Oregon dunes, but not to shabby for Colorado.


Kyler

MaKenna

Jake

Another trip to the zoo (Father's Day)

Camping at the lake (Glendo Reservoir actually) in Wyoming.
This was another 1st for the kids. I don't think they had ever been on a boat, and definitely hadn't been tubing. As some may know - I don't do well with Lakes, Rivers, Streams, etc. If it's not a pool with clear clean water - I'm not not getting in. I think my kids conspired against me, and yes, I did get in the gross, dirty water. There was a lot of "muck" as Farmer Jones would call it between land and the boat. Once you got out in the lake, the water was OK (if you like lake water). Jake cut his head playing around on the front of the boat, so my motherly reaction was to get to him as fast as I could. This was very slow because I kept loosing my flip flops in the muck. To end the rambling - his head was fine the water made it look worse than it was. Since I had already been in the water, I went out on the boat and even went tubing with MaKenna and Jake.


MaKenna and Kyler


Tyler, MaKenna and Jake


Jake's Birthday - 8 Years Old
Jake wanted a camping cake. This was the best we could come up with. We got him back in touch with his Indian heritage and used a Tepee.

What does every 8 year old boy wants his dad to give him...



Stay tuned for July updates ...

1 comment:

Joleane said...

Love the updates & pictures. Have I said that already? Well they are great. We missed you at the campout in Oregon, but we're glad you're getting out with the kids and camping. Looks like lots of fun.